Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

80 Degrees for Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving in Cancun, 80 degree weather, sure beat the cold in Vegas and Utah!
The kids spent the holiday with the in-laws.
Chad scheduled our trip trough sky auction, which is a site for traveling at cheaper rates. However.... they are not the most convenient flights. Actually, they are horrible times (which makes me grumpy!) Red eye, long layovers and the longest way around! But once there, all is well.

It was a very relaxing week which is just what Chad needed.

Walking outside our hotel room to the beach, I was greeted with this creature! Oh my. We both just froze and had a 'stared down' until one of the employees came and said he was just sunning himself. She assured me he was afraid of me. (But she really didn't know me - I was afraid of him!!!)

The resort was all inclusive and beautiful. We ate at a different restaurant every night.
Well, we simply ate all day!



Chad .... doing his Bishopric work!



I finally got enough courage to knit in public! We were able to go to the admiral's club during our lay-over coming home. I just took a few big breath's, looked around and finally pulled out my knitting. No one gasped, or pointed and laughed. No one even cared but me!
Huge hurdle for me.
But certainly doesn't mean I will do it again.

It was a delightful holiday. I am thankful!


0 comments: