Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recently read

I wanted to keep track of the books I have finished reading this year
and thought I would record it here.

I am not much of a reader, but want to be better.
I am too antsy to sit still for very long.
Once I start, I want it finished, NOW.
Therefore, I let everything else slide.
I am working on pacing myself more.

In January, I finsihed...
Jacob T. Marley
Author: William Bennett
I absolutely LOVED this book.
I will read it again during the Christmas season.
LOVED it! It is a keeper!

Also, I read...
The Shaken Earth (I think that is the title)
Toni Sorenson
I didn't love it.
In fact, I didn't even keep it but sent it to DI.
It was dreary and sad.

However, I did really like her other book called
Master
It is a historical fiction about Christ's life growing up.

In February, I read....
Moloka'i
Author: Alan Brennert
This is a historical fiction about a girl with leprosy.
I was fascinated, intrigued, sad, interested while reading it.
I probably would recommend it to others.
I felt like I learned a great deal about leprosy and
and amazed by the life they had to lead. 
It had a good ending.

The one thing I don't like, is that if it is not a book I buy at Desert Book
or by a Mormon author, all this other 'stuff' is in the book that ruins it for me.

But daily, I read from the Book of Mormon.
The best!

0 comments: