Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trent's first Triathlon

He announced he was training for a triathlon! I was taken back. Trent has always been athletic but never felt like he had much stamina. A triathlon takes stamina! I credit Sesily who has changed his eating habits, feeds him well and loves that kind of thing herself. Trent has some friends he has meet in the church and together they have been training for this event.

First they swam for 1/2 mile in Lake Mead. They started at 7am in the cold water. Then they biked 13 miles uphill into Boulder City. We were able to be at the transition point where they put up their bikes and started the final leg of the race - running for 3.5 miles.

He keep telling us not to expect much. Geez, I was just worried he'd have a heart attack. I didn't care about him finishing. But finish, he did! Check out his clothing attire. No way was he going to wear the spandex shorts! Some guys wore speedo's. No, Trent wore his knee length gym shorts.

The swimming part was not his favorite but I think he enjoyed the event. He didn't feel weak or sick, just craved sugar when he was finished.

What an accomplishment! I always admire anyone who LIKES to do that sort of thing. Not me, I hate for my heart to beat faster than it's normal pace. Not an athletic bone in my body!

Way to go, Trent!!!!
















0 comments: