Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thank you, Megan!

One morning I woke up with the idea that I wanted to paint the garage floor! (Sometimes, I like the ideas I have when I wake up, but I wasn't so sure about this one.)
It was when we were still having a 'cool spell' in the weather and I knew I had to do it now or wait until October. The weather can't exceed 90 degrees for the paint.

The carpets in our house are always getting so dirty. I hoped that by painting the dirty garage floor it would help a bit. And besides, I just hate the feel of concrete on my bare feet.

It was a three day process but was actually not bad. First, is the acid wash, then the paint and finally the sealer.

Megan was so helpful. She got the hard job while I just moved my little stool around the garage to paint the edges and crevices. I was so grateful she helped because the paint has to be used in 2 hours or it becomes too sticky.
It really was a two man (woman!) job. Thank you, Megan!

Now it cleans up so easily. But I do have to mop the tire marks up. Our feet are much cleaner! We wanted to even have a party on it! (That thought didn't last long.)




0 comments: