Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the First day of Christmas

I have no picture with this post but just an entry.

Yesterday, Chad, Lana Tyson, Trent and his family as well as myself went downtown to where the homeless are. We had about 20 individual bags with hats, gloves, and socks to hand out. (We collected the supplies at our familee pie night.)

It was an experience. We just stopped the car in the street, stayed in the car and handed the bags out the window. When they see you giving out things, they start to swarm your car and reach for anything you will give them. It didn't take long to hand out our few bags. I was in Trent's car, and looked back to Chad and Lana. I bet there were 40 people huddled around his car.

I think we will try to do things a bit differently. That made me feel a bit uncomfortable. There are plenty of people on the outer edge of the area. I think we will pick and choose who to give to.

But...I do think it is a good experience for Cohen and Ella to see.
(Though Ella slept through it.)

0 comments: