Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

What a fun day we had with our familee on Christmas Eve
with this year being together.

Here are some of the highlights:

...watched a slideshow from our Christmas pj photoshot
(we did that in Oct, since Brett and Bree were not planning to be here for Christmas.
I have not yet figured out how to put that on my blog.)

...had a bubble gum blowing contest









Hula Hooping!














...had a gift auction for the adults.
I bought 8 boy gifts and 8 girls gifts. Each person was given $50 in Santa bucks. Chad auctioned the item off. Each couple could combine their money to help each get what they wanted. It was just fun!
The gift cards were the most popular with PF Changs going to the highest amount.
Some of the items were gloves, necklaces, headbands, a golf certificate, movie certificate and other restaurant gift cards.
At the end, there was a mystery gift that was wrapped. It was a church book that Kenny got but Trent wanted it so they made a trade. It was just fun (did I already say that!) I loved it because it was a surprise and something different.

I will definitely do it again and am already making notes of gift ideas!





...had a wonderful steak dinner with brushetta, twice baked potatoes, salad,
creamed corn and raspberry bread pudding.
So yummy!



...after dinner we opened white elephant gifts of snowman poop, and inflatable woman (who doesn't whine and can meet all your needs!), large women underwear with our familee name on and, the best....Trent's creation of a lap top case made with men's underwear with a masking tape handle!
(We sound like a sick familee!)
Check it out!




...a talent show by the kids.
This picture is of them singing "...the babies on the bus go waa, waa, waa..."
Love there actions and faces.



After the song was over, Bennett grab Llayton and Ella to give them a big hug.
That must have ticked Llayton off!



...then, of course, we had gifts.


The most popular gift with the babies was Bennett's shopping cart. Someone was playing with it the entire night. There were even a few fights over it.



...money really does grow on trees! (Just on Christmas Eve.)

For our gifts this year, we gave each adult a small gift they wanted. Then with the rest of the allotted money, we got cash in $10's and $5's and pinned them onto the trees and bushes in the back yard. Each bill was marked with their initials so that everyone got their right amount.

Amara was not feeling well that day. Trent brought her outside with Chad and I while we put the money on the trees. I gave him a stack of money to hide. It was Kenny's money. I didn't realize what he was doing - not hanging it on any trees.
When we all finished, Kenny only found a small portion of his money.
All the money was off the trees.

Finally, Trent confess to hiding it under the rocks, in the dog house and other areas that he would never guess. Kenny ended up being $10.00 short. We never did find that last $10.00. I wonder if the landscapers will some day!

Those boys all make me laugh, the silly things they do, and the fun
they have with each other.



It was a wonderful day and turned out as I had hoped, other than Amara not feeling well. I loved the things that I had planned to do and it is always just fun being together. It's loud! It's chaos! But, it's just fun. I like fun. I like the element of surprise. I love giving the gifts. Chad is always good to go along with my goofy ideas. I love when I am prepared and ready - that is why I always start so early. (Though sometimes I drive myself crazy!)

By having our activities on Christmas Eve, it left the next day open for them to spend with their individual familee, their in-laws, and then dinner at my moms.

I love Chad, love the kids, love their spouses, love those babies
and loved the holiday!

Thanks for the fun memory!

0 comments: