Slideshow Image 1

Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Green Chicken Chili

At FHE in the singles ward, we had a chili cook off. I offered to make a pot of chili since there were not many signed up. (We eat a LOT in this ward).

I don't have a great recipe for chili but I found two (one was RaeLene's) that I thought sounded good, so I combined them. It was really yummy and surprise, it was voted to best!

Green Chicken Chili

1 pkg grilled chicken breast strips (I get from Costco). Break into bit-size pieces
3 green onions
4 tsp garlic powder

Saute in 2 - 3 tbs oil

Add:
4 cups chicken broth
5 cans Northern White Beans, drained
1 large can (28 0z) La Palmas Green Chili Enchilada sauce
1 cup whipping cream
1 8 oz container sour cream
1 can diced green chilies

Heat throughly. Then add:
1 lb grated jack cheese

Continue to heat until cheese is melted.

This recipe filled my large red pot. I would guess it could easily feed 15 people or more.

0 comments: